A serial number is very important whether you are selling your device, insuring it in case of getting stolen prep for Apple services, or any other reason in your mind. If you have purchased a new iPhone then it is important to check and note down your device serial number in case of theft or loss. You can identify your iPhone model and the device using this serial number.
About Serial Number
The Serial number is a 14-digit string with a 15th check digit to confirm the entire device’s information. This may contain letters, numbers, and other typographical symbols. Here I am(Ghosia Shahid) to inform you all about the importance and how to find the serial number of the iPhone.
The following content will display detailed information about ios devices and their serial number. Remember all the following strategies work on Apple devices only.
How To Find The Serial Number Of iPhone?
It’s a unique number that identifies each Apple device. No other gadget in the world has the same serial number. It is just like human DNA or a fingerprint which differs for everyone. Basically, this is the important number of your devices that can mean a lot and can be used in all sorts of situations.
If you are using an iPhone. it is very easy to find serial number of your device using few steps written below:
- First, go to your iPhone Settings
- tap open General
- Next scroll to About
- In About, scroll to see your iPhone’s Serial Number as well as your device about information.
- Be careful with your serial number and keep it private.
Importance Of Keeping Serial Number Secured
Do not publicise your serial number if your serial number is leaked in the hands of untrustable person it would cause you a lot of hassle. it could be used to create a false service claim with Apple or as a stolen device fraud report.
How To Check Your iPhone Serial Number With iTunes?
Check your iPhone serial number through iTunes from your Mac or your PC. Connect the device to your PC with a Lightning or 30-Pin USB cable and follow
- open up iTunes
- Now select your iPhone from the device list on top of your window
- Select iTunes iPhone serial number
- Make sure you’re on the Summary tab.
- Here you will see all the basic details of your iPhone plus the serial number.
- To copy your iPhone serial number click right on the serial number and select Copy.
- Now you can paste it where you would like to.
Check Your iPhone’s Serial Number On Device Packaging?
If your iPhone device is damaged and you can’t use the mentioned methods to check the serial number of your phone. you can always find this serial number written on the original retail box of your iPhone. Find the packaging box of your device and see the serial number. This method can be used on all types of iOS products.
iPhone serial number sticker
Find the sticker on the box of your iPhone. Check the sticker placed on the box for your iPhone serial number.
Serial Number Of iPhone In Recovery Mode
If your iPhone or any iOS device is in recovery mode, you can still find the serial number. Use Mac, In macOS to see your iPhone serial number in iTunes.
How to Find iPhone’s Serial Number Using Backup
If you have been backing up your phone using iTunes, you can find the serial number from the information saved in the backup. Follow the instructions for iPhone serial number
- Go to iTunes menu from Mac or PC
- Select Preferences
- Go to Devices
- locate the recent backup from the backup list.
- Click on the backup name in the list of your device backup.
- Wait for a few moments
- A pop-up will appear listing the device’s serial number and other Backup information.
How To Find iOS Serial Numbers?
It is essential to know the serial number depends on the devices you are using. Every device has a different serial number and is located differently.
Different ways to find iOS devices’ serial numbers
- Located the surface of your ios product.
- Your serial number is saved if your device is synced with iTunes.
- Mac users will Open the Apple menu and choose About Mac to find your device’s serial number.
On an iPhone, iPod, iPad touch, iPod, or Apple Watch:
- Just Go to Settings and Scroll to see the serial number of your iPhone and other devices as mentioned below in detail.
How To Find iPhone Serial Number Engraved On Device?
This is an optional method. It is not used anymore with the latest Apple devices. This method is used with old iPhone models. iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S, this method is used to engrave the serial number on the SIM tray.
- Use a SIM tray removal tool
- straightened clip to remove your iPhone’s SIM tray
- Once the SIM tray is removed, you can see the serial number engraved on the bottom of your iPhone’s SIM tray.
End of Engraved serial numbers
On the original iPhone and all iOS devices, you can see the serial number engraved on the back of an iPhone.
But because of the smaller Nano SIM, starting with the iPhone 5, there was no room on the SIM tray to engrave the serial number. That is why the models from iPhone 5 don’t have engraved serial numbers.
It’s very useful to know all about your device and especially about the serial number of your phone. We advise you again to keep your serial number private as it’s very useful in many situations. Hope you can use a method listed above in the content to find, save and use your iPhone serial number. Thank you.