Are you finding it hard to secure your Facebook, or are you wondering if you have a blue shield or a keyhole mark on your Facebook as you have seen on other profiles? You are at the right place because in this content (Ghosia Shahid) I am going to take you along on a journey where you are going to master how to lock your Facebook profile.
Facebook has introduced this fastest feature to secure your privacy, and you can control all your social networking activities. You might not be the kind of person who likes to share posts or personal things with the public, so this is the best option that can happen. By locking your Facebook, you can control who sees your Facebook shares.
By locking your posts, photos, videos, and profile plus cover photo to friends only. This means only the friends you have on your Facebook list can click, tag, like, comment, and see your profile. Let’s get down to our main topic: how to lock your Facebook Profile.
Before going straight to the point where I am going to show you in detail how to lock your Facebook. It is essential to know that this feature is limited to some countries As of May 2022, only the following countries are allowed to lock their Facebook profile.
- Saudi Arabia
Note: Profile locking isn’t allowed in the United States and Canada, but there is always an option to lock your profile on Facebook even if your country is not supported. You won’t get that blue shield mark on your profile, but you still have all the advantages of profile locking. Now let’s jump over to the main topic, How to Lock a Profile.
How To Lock Your Facebook Profile?
How To lock your Facebook profile, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to your Facebook account from any device you are using
- Open Facebook
- Sign in to your account
- Go to your profile in the top left-side corner.
- In the web browser, click your name at the top-right
- tap the three horizontal dots ••• you see on the top right side
- Scroll down to Select Lock Profile and click on it
- you’ll see it near the bottom of the menu if your country is supported with a locking profile.
- After clicking on this, you will see some information written about locking your profile
- Down below, an option will show saying lock your profile
- Click on the blue bar to confirm your action
- You will receive a popup saying you have locked your profile and some information clearing that only friends can see your stories, photos and profile.
- Press the blue button ok shown in the popup
- Congratulations, you have successfully locked your profile
What To Do If Locking Facebook Is Unavailable In Your Country?
Other ways to manage your privacy are written below in detail. If locking your profile isn’t available then you can control your privacy in other ways by your privacy settings:
Using Privacy Checkups
- Click on the horizontal 3 bar on top
- Come a little down and select settings and privacy.
- Click on settings
- Now select privacy check up and follow the on-screen detail instructions.
- Make your Facebook locked and sure using these instructions.
Choose who can view posts, photos, and other info
The exact process of locking your profile on Facebook starts by following the instructions written below:
- Firstly at the top of your feed tap the text box next to the profile picture.
- Under your name click on the audience selector
- Select the circle to the right of the audience and choose friends, audience or only me.
Edit basic info and customise who can see it.
- Go to the horizontal line and tap
- Now click edit profile option shown
- Click, and edit information accordingly.
Lock your story privacy settings using the following steps shown below.
Changing your story privacy setting is very easy in another way to lock and secure your Facebook even if the locking Facebook feature is not spotted in your country
- Tap on the down-faced arrow button
- Choose an option from public, friends, or only me
Turn on your profile reviews.
Change your timeline review settings by typing on the three horizontal lines and scrolling down to settings. After that select audience visibility. Tap profile and tagging once you’re done. Review your post before your post appears on your profile. Finally, review post you tagged
Control who can look you up using your email address/mobile phone number
Adjusting the settings of your mobile number or Email address can allow you to control how you can look up using this information. keep this information private by following steps:
- Horizontal lines at the top.
- Scroll to settings.
- Tap how people find and contact you.
- Go to the audience and visibility section.
- You will find settings to private your email and phone number.
- Customise it to your desire.
Locking your profile is a safe way to keep your Facebook account secure. I have also used all the steps above I have mentioned to make my profile more secure. If you are struggling in locking choose the step-by-step guide detailed above. Besides that, if your country is not I support locking your Facebook profile then use the pictures screenshot to lock your Profile. Thanks for Visiting