Facebook is the largest networking social media platform for connecting people from around the world. This is made possible for everyone through friend requests and followers. Lots of followers are an excellent feature of Facebook for connecting with others.
But sometimes it’s not a good thing to have unknown people following you.
It can lead to all sorts of bad things like sharing your information, your everyday posts, and locations. It makes room for scammers to hack your data and it can be misused. If you are not aware of the security settings that Facebook is providing then you are at the right place.
Do you know how to find the follower on your Facebook list of followers? This article is written to help you with detailed information and instructions to find and remove unknown followers on Facebook.
Who Are These Followers?
Many people from around the world may like your page, your posts, your stories, etc and start following your profile or page to receive your new update. These people are called followers. If your Facebook or your page is public then it is common to have unknown people following you.
How To Find Out Who Follows You?
Using the following steps, find out how to remove the ones that aren’t needed.
- Login to your Facebook account
- Click on your profile picture stated top left corner
- On profile page click on Profile Picture
- Select the Following option seen
- Now you can see all the follower listed
How To Remove Followers On Facebook?
There are several ways of removing followers from your list. Let’s dig into the basic simple step to step method to find out how to remove followers on Facebook.
Change Your Privacy Settings
By changing your privacy settings you can control the following of people. If you are using mobile follow the step to change settings.
FOR MOBILE USERS
- Open your Facebook, your device and log in.
- Click on the menu button (3 horizontal lines placed on the top right corner.
- Now click on Settings and Privacy.
- Now select Settings
- Choose options from
- Audience & Visibility
- Click Audience and Visibility option
- Tap the Followers and Public Content Under Who can follow me
- Now select Friends.
- These settings will stop the unknown following.
For Computer/PC Users
- Go to the Facebook
- Navigate To menu
- Click On Your Profile DP
- Go to Settings and privacy
- After reaching this point follow the instructions mentioned above to stop unknown followers from following you.
Note: using settings and privacy settings only your friends can follow you and your latest update.
Block To Unwanted Avoid Followers
If you are or want to become a public figure. The option of settings isn’t your type of thing. Then you can use the second option blocking.
Find and block the followers you are not comfortable with using the step-to-step method mentioned below.
- Login to your Facebook from your mobile and go to the profile of the Unwanted follower
- Click on profile picture of the person you want to block
- Click the 3 lined dots at the right side under the profile photo and name.
- Select open and go to the block option
- pop-up will appear to confirm your actions
- Select the block option to block them. Block all unknown following with the same method but one by one.
Note: if you are a laptop or a computer user you can use the same method mentioned above to remove the unwanted fan following.
Restrict your List of following
Another way to remove followers on Facebook is to put them to the restricted list. If you don’t know how to create the restricted list then follow the detailed step to step instructions.
- Go straight to your Facebook
- Log in
- Now click on your profile pic of the person you want to restrict.
- Now select the Followed by option by clicking on the friend’s icon button.
- Select an Option
- Click the Edit Friend List
- Now tap Edit Friend List
- Click on Restricted option seen
Congratulations you have successfully Restricted a follower. This will make them see only what you would like them to see.
How to remove followers on Facebook is not easy but not as hard as you think. All the possible methods are written above to make it easy for you to unfriend, block or remove them out of your list. Choose the one that suits your needs. Use the step-to-step method to clear unwanted followers
Keep yourself, your updated, and social gossips private from all those scammers and hackers. Thank you.