you might be wondering, how to send a text message from Gmail? It’s not easy but not hard as you might find. Just hang along with me on this to find out all information regarding this topic. Sending messages from Gmail can be helpful in so many situations, like the comfortability of typing a message from any device.
How To Use Gmail To Send Text Messages?
First of all, install the Gmail app on your device. If it is already installed then go to your Gmail app, and follow the details mentioned below. Find out how to use Gmail for messaging.
- open the Gmail app on your device
- Click on Compose a new message icon located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- write the message in the email body.
- When you have completed
- Tap on the bar with written “to“
- Enter the phone number, followed by a domain address
- Enter send
- if the recipient’s phone number is with AT&T, you must enter the digit of the phone firstname.lastname@example.org in the ‘To’ section.
- Recipients will receive your message in their message Inbox.
What Is an SMS Gateway?
Short Message Service gateways enable a computer or other devices to send messages to a telecommunications network.
How To Search Your Gateway Domain?
Whatever country you’re from. You can search your getaway Domain. Visit this website and write the country code and the number to find your country gateway domain. Enter your phone number and click on Search. The web tools working for Getaway Domain will show you the SMS gateway you need.
How to Find The Correct Gateway Domain
You can only send an email as a text message to any number using the correct gateway domains. The gateway domain is based on the telecom operators you’re connected with.
There are two different types of gateway domains:
The SMS gateway domain allows you to send text messages plus Emails. On the other hand the MMS gateway gives the permission to send messages with images and plus media.
If you are looking for the right getaway Domain then search on Google terms for example like
SMS Gateway (network provider) Search for SMS Gateway AT&T
SMS Gateway of T-Mobile etc.
For Your Ease Some Of The Gateway Domain Are Detailed Follow As Long
Mms Gateway Domain Providers In The US Are:
How To Send Messages From Gmail Using The Email Text Add-on?
The Email to Text add-on gives access to send SMS messages from a PC or a mobile phone using Gmail. Remember that add-on only works in the US and Canada.
Email to Text add-on
- First Install Email to text add-on.
- Go to Gmail and write a new Email message.
- Click on the ‘Email to Text’ icon located at the bottom of your draft window.
- Now add the cell number from your Google Contacts Or write one.
- After that click the ‘Send’ button
- Congratulations you have successfully sent a message through Gmail.
Using A Third-Party Service To Send Messages
Some mobile networks don’t even allow an SMS or MMS gateway. For this, there is a third-party solution. How to use a third party to send a message is written below.
Third-party email-to-SMS services that help you send text messages from Gmail are TEXTMAGIC.
It helps in sending SMS texts via email, having online conversations, and much more. It also works with other email services like Yahoo or Messenger.
How To Text Message Through TextMagic?
- Register yourself on TextMagic
- Create an account
- Login using your Username and Password
- Go to the Services section
- On the left menu select Email to SMS
- Click Add allowed emails
- Enter your Gmail inbox address.
- Now you can use your email account to send messages via Gmail.
Here’s How To Use TextMagic To Send Text Messages via Gmail,
- Open Gmail
- Click on Compose
- In the To field
- Enter the recipient’s phone number (no country code) followed by “@” or the SMS gateway domain textmagic.com example,(email@example.com)
- Type your message in the text body
- Click Send
TextMagic isn’t a free service. It charges $0.004 (£0.033) for each message you send to a US number. Their charges differ for other countries. But inbound messages are free. TextMagic doesn’t allow email-to-SMS service for all countries. TextMagic doesn’t work with China, South Africa, and countries like India and Pakistan.
How To Use A Chrome Extension To Send Messages
To use the Gmail Text Chrome Extension service, follow the method mentioned right down;
- Install the extension Chrome from Google
- Open Gmail and grant the tool to access your Gmail.
- Click to Compose a new message.
- Click on the mobile icon and Add cell numbers.
- Type your message and send it.
These are the basic methods of sending messages using your Gmail.
I have also been using these methods to send messages using my Gmail but the best part is the Google Chrome extension. It is my favorite as I feel it is easy to use. You can also use these methods to send email messages or messages using your Gmail.
Hopefully, you will find your country’s gateway domain. If you do, then it’s a piece of cake to send messages from Gmail. Well, it might be useful for you if you were looking for a method to send text messages using your Gmail. Enjoy massaging from Gmail and have fun. Thank you!